Here’s how it works with Android.
- A researcher discovers a vulnerability.
- Google says “la la la can’t hear you” for a year or so.
- After lots of media coverage Google says it’ll fix the hole.
- Google creates a fix and promises to bring it to the Nexus range in two or three months.
- Google gives the fix to manufacturers who say they’ll roll it out at some point, maybe, when they get round to it.
- The manufacturers get round to it and submit their version to the phone networks, who say they’ll totally bring it out at some point, oh yes siree!
- The vulnerability that the fix will eventually fix evolves so that the fix doesn’t fix it any more.
- Google says “la la la can’t hear you”.
Read the whole story at: The Times of India